[linux-audio-dev] Ecasound question

Alfons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at alcatel.be
Tue Feb 3 14:34:30 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've been trying to use ecasound for multitrack recording with
a Terratec EWS88MT. This card does not present the same number
of capture and playback channels (12/10 or 10/12, I always forget
since I'm only interested in the first 8 of each). Apparently,
ecasound trips over this - whatever number of channels I try,
the reply is always that the 'channel count is not available'
or something similar. Is there an easy solution for this ?

Second question: how do I connect an ecasound chain to a specific
channel of my card ? There seems not to be any way to specify this.

Thanks a lot !

--
FA