[linux-audio-dev] Software with source code?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Feb 3 20:39:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 05:16:47PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:05:35 -0500, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > It would be nice to provide app authors or packagers with a trivial way
> > to update the page when they release packages.
> > A lot of the information we want (release date,
> > version, dependencies...) is already in RPM spec files,
> > debian control files, and gentoo ebuild files - we should leverage
> > that work.
>
> Good plan, you could also hook into the sourceforge anouncements system -
> subscribing to RSS feeds ro whatever.

I'll add that to the features list...

my thinking-out-loud was off: we should try to query
the information directly from the distro servers
(planet et al.) rather than from a particular installation.

Also we should look into stuff like this:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/trovesendtwo/?topic_id=66%2C45%2C52%2C1081
it's supposed to help with simultaneously submitting project
info to freshmeat, savannah, and "similar".

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com