[linux-audio-dev] Re: Modular Jack patch bay

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Fri Feb 6 17:56:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 07:33, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 08:16:34 -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > Now on the other hand, the idea of a nice simple little modular LADSPA
> > host (usable as both a synth and/or an effects rack) is a good one
> > indeed...
>
> Yeah, thats probably why we have 5 allready ;)

I can think of two (AMS and SSM).. SSM has no polyphony which puts it
out.

AMS is actually pretty good, if it would only work with LADSPA control
ports.  Not being able to control the frequency of your oscillators is a
little bit of a limiting factor!  (AMS's MIDI control stuff is
definately awesome..)

Enlighten me to a polyphonic LADSPA host with a modular GUI (and control
ports work) and you'll be my new best friend. :)

-Dave