[linux-audio-dev] DRI + Jack conflict?

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Tue Feb 10 01:19:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 20:11, Paul Davis wrote:
> >I guess I'll have to wait for the day when I can afford two
> >multi-channel audio interfaces, two multi-channel MIDI interfaces, and a
> >dedicated machine to handle the visualisation aspect of things.
>
> or ... you could just get a Matrox video interface, since they seem to
> be just about the only company that understands the way that video h/w
> interacts with audio and realtime issues. or maybe i should say the
> only company that actually cares about it. they even had a booth a
> NAMM ...
>
> --p

I used to be all about Matrox back in the G-400 days, but when they
dropped off the acceptable-high-end-3d-card list, I went Radeon due to
ATI's (former) releasing of specs and whatnot.

Now that ATI has gone the way of Nvidia I don't know who to pledge
allegiance to. :)

Is Matrox still friendly?

-Dave