[linux-audio-dev] DRI + Jack conflict?

Vincent Touquet vincent.touquet at pandora.be
Tue Feb 10 13:07:00 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 01:45:49PM +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote:
>I'm running quite happily with DRI enabled on my ATI card now, the problem was
>definitely that it was trying to lock too much memory.

Ok. I assume that you have a Firegl T2 with 128Mb Ram (using the ATI 3.7.0 drivers) ?

>Since shrinking the
>amount of vidmem that X utilizes I haven't run into this problem again (see
>other message for the actual remedy).

Yep, I read that message.
I wasn't so sure if that was a complete solution though, as Paul talked
about faillure to lock memory for _various_ reasons :)

So another solution would be to add more RAM to the machine you're working on ? :)

best regards,

Vincent