[linux-audio-dev] DRI + Jack conflict?

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Tue Feb 10 18:42:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 08:31, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings:
>
>   Recently I've been having a lot of trouble with extraneous noise from
> my system. Some apps are worse than others, but it does seem that
> JACK-enabled apps fare the worst.

- Take that binary driver out of your kernel (I know you need it, but
remove it temporarily to see if it's the problem)

- Get jack running in realtime mode!  (The 'zippering' and other really
brutal errors are probably because of this)

- For noise problems (hum), google for the Linux Sound Quality HOWTO

I hope for your sake the vid driver isn't the problem, because if it is
there's not a single thing you or anyone else can do.  < insert rant
here >

-Dave