[linux-audio-dev] DRI + Jack conflict?

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Feb 10 18:57:17 UTC 2004

Vincent Touquet wrote on Tue, 10-Feb-2004:

 > On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 01:45:49PM +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote:
 > >I'm running quite happily with DRI enabled on my ATI card now, the problem was
 > >definitely that it was trying to lock too much memory.
 >
 > Ok. I assume that you have a Firegl T2 with 128Mb Ram (using the ATI 3.7.0 drivers) ?

BTW, i just ran JACK realtime on a T41p with the firegl T2 128MB,
using the ati 3.7.0 drivers on a 2.4.22 PE/LL kernel with no problems.
Alsa 0.9.8 using the builtin audio (snd-intel8x0).  the machine
itself has 512MB of RAM.

I tested with alsaplayer, jack-rack and freqtweak together loading
the system to > 80% cpu utilization and no xruns at
256 period size (and possibly less) and 48k.

And yes, ATI's drivers have DRI enabled.... note that i didn't
try to run any opengl accelerated apps at the same time as jack
yet..... but i don't see any of the problems with regard to memory locking.
maybe 512 is too much RAM to notice the problem.

jlc