[linux-audio-dev] DRI + Jack conflict?

martin rumori lists at rumori.de
Thu Feb 12 00:51:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:14:24PM +0100, Vincent Touquet wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 07:32:35PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> >the implementation of DRI by certain video interface drivers means

> I was just thinking of getting an IBM thinkpad and I might want to change
> the model I want based on this.

i own a t40p and didn't encounter problems. jack-cvs, ati-binary
drivers, debian unstable (xfree 4.2.1), dri.  builtin sound.  there
are 512M of memory inside the machine, 64M graphics ram.  top shows
that starting jack eats about 10M of memory.  i don't know how to
figure out how much memory is actually locked by mlockall.

i didn't try the dri.sf.net drivers so far, but plan to do so in the
near or far future...

best,

martin