[linux-audio-dev] GarageBand

Doug Wellington ddw at dakotacom.net
Fri Feb 13 14:51:38 UTC 2004

Previously:
>There is a thread on Slashdot about Apples much hyped music production
>thingie christened "GarageBand".
>
>It appears to me to be very inefficient. From what I can read, it
>handles only a very few voices and very few audio-tracks. Actually, I
>think it sucks!
>
>Anybody care to comment?

Huh... You sound envious actually...  ;-)  Why is everybody so busy
trying to find fault with this thing?  If it's so horrible, everybody
can just ignore it, right?

GarageBand is like anything else - the more tracks, the more softsynths
and the more amp models you add, the more cpu it uses.  It's definitely
the best product in the category though...

-Doug (The price is right - can't argue about "free"...)