[linux-audio-dev] DRI + Jack conflict?

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Fri Feb 13 17:49:25 UTC 2004

On Friday 13 February 2004 16.52, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 04:34:59 +0100, Vincent Touquet wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 03:24:05PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> > >Matrox have just release a card designed for audio that has no
> > > fans (due to downclocked 3d processor) and lots of acceleration
> > > on all heads.
> >
> > Which one ? :)
>
> http://www.matrox.com/mga/workstation/audio/

Looks very nice, but (always "but" :-/ ) it appears to have a RAMDAC
bandwidth restriction that limits the maximum dual head resolution to
1920x1440. Is it possible to use 2048x1536 + 1808x1356 or similar, or
is the big, noisy (*how* noisy, actually?) Parhelia still the only
viable option for my apparently insanely high end setup...? (The 750
has the same limitation *and* a fan, so that's not an option.)

How about OpenGL? I heard there's an unsupported OpenGL driver now.
Tried it?