[linux-audio-dev] Vsound-like tools for ALSA?

Grubs Nubby grubsnubby at lostpaperclips.com
Sun Feb 15 00:34:03 UTC 2004

Hello,

I realize this is a bit belated for the thread, but there are such an
audio application to convert between file formats.  I admit that I
haven't used any of them, so bear in mind that I cannot vouch for the
effectiveness of any of these applications.

SoX
The Swiss Army Knife of sound processing utils. It can convert audio
files to other popular audio file types and also apply sound effects and
filters during the conversion.

GNUShoes
A wrapper for the SoX audio utility. Written in Perl for Linux and
Win32, GNU/Shoes aids the tedious process of converting large numbers of
audio files, and will soon provide Jabber messages to notify the user
that a batch is complete.

There are also a few front-end listed on the site as well.

christopher

Note:  All of this information was taken directly from the SourceForge.net.