[linux-audio-dev] caps 0.1.0

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Wed Feb 18 22:02:32 UTC 2004

[Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano]

>With the two patches (patch and patch-two) it builds on RH9, RH8.0,
>RH7.3 and FC1 (woohoo! :-)

this makes me feel sooo relieved. thanks for taking the extra time
to build on 4 different systems.

>I get this warning:
>Reverb.cc: In constructor `Plate::Plate(double)':
>Reverb.cc:232: warning: passing `double' for argument 2 of `void
>   ModLattice::init(int, int)'
>Reverb.cc:233: warning: passing `double' for argument 2 of `void
>   ModLattice::init(int, int)'

this warning is fixed in the latest, too.

>Two details. A "make clean" leaves the sources in a non-compilable
>state, a subsequent make gets me this:
>
>make: *** No rule to make target
>`/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/include/stddef.h', needed by
>`Cabinet.o'.  Stop.

fixed now (by stripping dependency info from the makefile on make
clean).

>The location of ladspa.h is assumed to be /usr/local/include, that is
>not true on my systems (/usr/include). Not a big deal, easily fixed by
>redoing the link at build time.

the tarball now has ladspa.h in its full glory, so this won't be a
problem anymore.

many thanks for your patience in sorting all this out, also to Paul
and CK. my apologies offered for all the compiling trouble, i hope
you can still enjoy the actual contents of the package :)

tim

-------- latest is http://quitte.de/dsp/caps_0.1.3.tar.gz ---------