[linux-audio-dev] Freeze?

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Wed Feb 25 22:32:11 UTC 2004

onsdagen den 25 februari 2004 23.00 skrev Paul Davis:
> >> I still think about this from time to time and I would really like to
> >> see a REAL implementation of the proposal. :-)
>
> ardour basically allows this already, although it is not
> automatic. there is no way to know what the user wants, so we leave up
> to the user to initiate "freezing" any particular track. you cannot
> "freeze" a bus since it may receive input from outside of ardour.

Yes, so I've heard, and that's really great.

It was, however, the automatic merits that I wished mainly to explore.
Freezing has it's merits, but it requires that you dedicate some brain cycles
to deciding when and where you wish to freeze/unfreeze something. I could
sure use those cycles for keeping creativity flowing.

... and I do think you can freeze a bus, but it requires that the app has full
knowledge of the connection graph. Mmmm, I see a jack extension forming ;))

/Robert