[linux-audio-dev] DRC 2.4.0

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at pp.inet.fi
Sat Feb 28 21:57:27 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 16:53, Steve Harris wrote:

> Do you have the SIMD optimisations on, and have you tried the
> "halfcomplex" mode of FFTW, thats fine for audio, and saves some memory
> i/o.

No, because SIMD optimizations are broken. I've been unable to compile
version which is able to run on all >=i686 platforms and includes 3DNow
&/ SSE stuff. It just crashed on my Thunderbird-core Athlon.

I use *_execute_dft_r2c().

Also SIMD optimizations doesn't do any good on non-x86 architectures
like SPARC, Alpha or HP-PA.

Anyway, I'm going to add some SIMD stuff to Ooura also.

--
Jussi Laako <jussi.laako at pp.inet.fi>