[linux-audio-dev] qsynth configure script fails on debian [qt]

Frank Neumann Frank.Neumann at st.com
Fri Jan 2 14:19:29 UTC 2004

Hi list (happy new year etc. yada yada),
mista.tapas at gmx.net wrote:

> i just compiled qsynth-0.1.0 and i would lie to report on my findings:
>
> On Debian, the qt-libs are installed to
>
> /usr/lib/
>
> and the headers to
>
> /usr/include/qt3
>
> There's no QTDIR per se. So i exported it to be /usr. This way, the
> configure script finds the lib, but the following test fails:

That's not quite correct; one of the Debian Qt packages says that IF you
set QTDIR, it should be /usr/share/qt3. I did this in my
~/.bash_profile, and had no problems building qsynth, qjackctl etc. this
way.

No source changes should be required to build this package.

Greetings,
Frank