[linux-audio-dev] Tascam US-122

Martin Langer martin-langer at gmx.de
Mon Jan 12 21:17:56 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 06:17:22PM +0000, Klaus Bickert wrote:
> Recently bought a Tascam US-122 interface (24bit/96khz 2 in/2out w mic

no. only 44.1 and 48 kHz

> phantom preamp, 2 midi, phones, direct monitoring).
>   Works great on Megascrap. Found a hint on US-428 driver supporting it
> but doesnt work on a Suse 8.2 (Kernel 2.4.20), seems to lack other parts
> of module stack, cant identify. Suggestions anyone, please ?

I'm happy with my US122, too  :-)

Alsa supports it since version 1.0.0pre3. I've used kernels 2.4.22-24
succesfully, but my first try with 2.4.19 was a catastrophe.
Don't forget to install usx2yloader (alsa-tools + alsa-firmware) and check
the requirements (fxload, hotplug scripts and some kernel features).

More information http://alpha/langerland/us122/

martin

--
The only nice thing about spam is that it doesn't ring.