[linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Daniel James daniel at linuxaudio.org
Wed Jan 14 17:46:40 UTC 2004

> companies work in strange ways. I find it constantly surprising
> the lack of understanding that management has of GPL'd software
> development. I assume that these are the companies that the
> consortium would like to communicate.

We can only communicate with those companies if they are sufficiently
interested in the area. If they are interested, then we'll certainly
have to help them understand libre software principles. Better to do
it that way, than let them go it alone and violate the GPL out of
ignorance.

> I intended to be constructive, but am admittedly frustrated at the
> complete lack of acknowledgement/understanding of any of my points.

I do acknowledge and understand your points Tim, I just don't agree
with all of them.

Cheers

Daniel