[linux-audio-dev] Re: Project: modular synth editor

Jesper Anderson jesper at pobox.com
Sun Jan 18 00:30:16 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 09:06:06PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:

> Thge UI is 2D (you turn off perspective before you draw), its just a
> way of loading all the images and stuff onto the card, and making it
> do the drawing maths. It saves a /lot/ of cpu. Its more-or-less how
> the latest OSX GUI code works, and its very efficient.

In a recent interview, Linus was quoted as saying this is where X
itself is heading. I'm very curious about what he meant more
specifically and if there is beta code available; generic 2D OpenGL
rendering of the whole GUI would be immensely nice.

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=568003838&fp=16&fpid=0

Jesper