[linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Marek Peteraj marpet at naex.sk
Sun Jan 18 14:29:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 13:05, iriXx wrote:
> Marek Peteraj wrote:

> >>myself.
> >>

> >Cool. Are you a visitor? Are you a sponsor? Are you leading a oss linux
> >audio project? are you contributing to such projects?
> >

> i'm a performer, composer, singer,

That means that you're a Linux Audio User.

>  and a leading lobbyist for Free
> Software

Isn't Richard Stallman a leading lobbyist?

> and for the use of Free licensing in music. i'm also part of
> iCommons - the project to port Creative Commons to compatibility with EU
> law. check out www.copyleftmedia.org.uk.

The term 'copyleft' definitely isn't compatible with EU law, whether
it's copyright law or any other part of intellectual property law.

>  i'll be there demonstrating
> live vocal improvisation with plugins, and portable setups for live
> improvisation, working alongside Steve and Daniel.

That means you and Daniel are going to help out the Linux Audio
Developers on that stand.

How is Sounds Expo different from ZKM or LinuxTag? *What* *exactly* are
we trying to promote? Shouldn't we all promote and protect the things we
value the most - oss linux audio projects? Are private mailing lists and
sudden consortiums the way it's done?

Marek