[linux-audio-dev] Project: modular synth editor

Brad Arant barant at barant.com
Mon Jan 19 06:21:23 UTC 2004

For what it is worth, some synths employ a lowest volume algorithm instead
of least recently used. Sometimes a voice may be sounding even if it is the
oldest and strange voice stealing effects can be heard (we have all heard
it). This is of course based pon and tied to an output envelope generator of
some type. Stealing the softest signal is much less noticable but much
harder to implement.