[linux-audio-dev] New name for ladcca?

Michael Ost most at museresearch.com
Tue Jan 20 18:08:32 UTC 2004

Dear list,

I can't believe I am chiming in on this because I know nothing about the
project or the individuals involved. So consider this an "outside the
beltway opinion" from Joe Sixpack (politics are in the air here) ---
ignore it at your discretion... but LASH says "to cut with a whip" to
me. Ouch! While it is indeed an English word, it isn't one with the best
connotations. Plus it'd be really hard to google.

I do alot of work with Wine which has the same problems. I always hear
"whine" which carries bad connotations. And googling it brings up
bazillions of links for online wine merchants.

How about you rid the world of OMCA (one more cryptic acronym) and call
it Linux Audio Kit or something like that?

I'll go back to my Budweiser and reruns of America's Funniest Home
Videos now... %)

- mo

Michael Ost, Software Architect
Muse Research, Inc.