[linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Marek Peteraj marpet at naex.sk
Wed Jan 21 21:55:54 UTC 2004

> I still don't    understand   how the Linuxaudio.org  consortium    is
> represting anyone  but its members (as is  the case for all consortia,
> which usually don't represent anyone but their own members).

We all want to promote Linux Audio. The question is - what's the best
way to do it?

As i see it, the term 'linuxaudio' unifies the following:
*linux audio developers
*linux audio users
*linux audio applications/projects

We shoudln't further fragment the community by setting up more mailing
lists and using a domainname which can act as an entrance or a meeting
point for all the 3 mentioned above.

The second problem is - protection. OSS software can be easily abused as
it's 'naked' so to speak. Having a consortium consisting of companies
and projects seems like having both a wolf and a sheep in one bag.
Besides it's not clear whether the companies mentioned on the la.org
members page have any relation to the applications mentioned on the same
page.

Marek