[linux-audio-dev] [RFC] Lite OSC API

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 11:50:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 12:41:35 +0100, torbenh at informatik.uni-bremen.de wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 10:57:59AM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > Hallo,
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Now how should a discovery service discover this?
>
> my question is how would a modular app make use of the discovered
> services ?
>
> i cant dynmically change ports of a component (ie osc output)
>
> not sure about pd. but for galan this seems rather impossible.
>
> although jack components would need this too.

I dont understand the question. Say pd wants to pass control data to a
copy of galan thats running, it needs to know what port (and less importantly
what address) the galan patch is using - that can either be done by the
patch using a known port number (assuming only one of them is running) or
by quering some service discovery service.

- Steve