[linux-audio-dev] Modulars

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jan 26 18:41:53 UTC 2004

Hallo,
Juhana Sadeharju hat gesagt: // Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> Below is an unfinished list of modular synths. Better than nothing.
> This kind of simple lists gives a good overall picture of the situation.

I still don't understand what "Script UI" means. For example: In what
way has jMax a "Script UI" and Pd not?

>                    Source  Graph   Script
> Name               Code    GUI     UI      Author/Notes
> jMax               Yes     Yes     Yes     IRCAM
> PD                 Yes     Yes     No      Miller Puckette

There are several solutions to scripting Pd's GUI and more of Pd (BTW:
In the docs it's called "Pd" not, "PD", I don't know if this is
offical). You can script Pd with Python, TCL, Scheme/Guile and you
even can use a totally independent GUI for Pd called gripd which is
written in wxpython.

Maybe you could explain a bit deeper how to understand the meaning of
"Script UI" ?

ciao