[linux-audio-dev] OSC, service discovery ...

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 27 00:14:30 UTC 2004

While it would be good to be compatible with IETF standards I'm not sure
how applicable they are: OSC doesnt have sessions or streams per se and it
has almost no semantics.

Also it would be a great advantage if service discovery could be done only
using the OSC protocol - for compatability with existing implmentations.

The offer/answer stuff might be relevant, if we can come up with an
equivalent encoding in OSC messages.

- Steve