[linux-audio-dev] ".mid" files playing in Linux games

Dominic Genest Dominic.Genest.1 at ulaval.ca
Wed Jan 28 19:51:50 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am programming some little games in Linux as a hobby, and I composed midi
files that I would like to be played in the background. What is the easiest
way to do this so that it works on all platforms for everyone ?

I would like suggestions of real time synthesizers that can read ".mid" files.
Does anybody know of any library that just does all the work to send wave
output to sound cards from a ".mid" file ? Also, I would like not to have to
supply instrument files.

Thanks a lot for any answer or clue !

Dom

--