[linux-audio-dev] Re: OSC for GUI-Engine communication

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Thu Jul 29 15:44:57 UTC 2004

>From: Dave Robillard <drobilla at connect.carleton.ca>
>
>The question is, which implementation is best?  All I can find is
>Steve's liblo, libosc++, and the 'official' OSC kit.  What are the
>advantages/drawbacks of each?  I can find very little information on any
>of them.

Last I checked OSC, it had Lisp/Scheme like syntax. Don't know
if that is a drawback --- anyone?

Has anyone used MPI (Message Passing Interface) for this?
People use these for high performance parallel computations
in Linux clusters. MPI itself is a standard supported by academic
and by vendors. MPI is used, e.g., in supercomputers.
See, e.g.,
  http://www.csc.fi/reports/pc-cluster/Finalreport.pdf

Juhana