[linux-audio-dev] Latencytest of filesystems (ext2, ext3 w. defaults)

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at norran.net
Thu Jun 3 00:19:49 UTC 2004

Result looks OK with a SuSE kernel (I think they have lowlatency patch
applied), worst was
	ext2 - it was diskread that had most problems...
	ext3 - diskread (!?)
	diskrm included for reference

http://w1.910.telia.com/~u91005836/index.html
[I have to recheck the results when I am awake :-]

Patches are attached - with extras (see below).

Hmm... the output should really add
 kernel version: uname -r
	"2.4.21-215-athlon"
	Close, but does not tell that it is precompiled by SuSE
 X11 server and filesystem type: how to find that automatically?
	I use, XFree86 nv

Extras:
* some filehandling (non local root of testing) and
* run with min(SCHED_FIFO)+1 not max
 - it is a CPU hog (80%) [the more CPU usage the less prio]
 - show that it works to avoid creating a trend...

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteå