[linux-audio-dev] Voice playback with varying speed and same pitch

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sat Jun 5 00:05:41 UTC 2004

Hi.

I am currently trying to write a player for the DAISY 2 and 3 Digital Talking
Book formats for UNIX machines.  One of the big great features of the
hardware DAISY players available is to set ones own prefers playback
speed while retaining the original pitch of the voice.  This only works
within a certain percentage of variation of course, but it does
actually help a lot if you're used to fast speech.  I am wondering
if there are any existing libraries/command-line tools to do this.
DAISY uses mp3 as its main audio format, so it would help if this tool could
do it with mp3 directly, but I can probably integrate other solutions too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Note that I do not really need an algorithm
that works well with music in general, it only has to work well with
the typical spectrum of a human voice.

--
CYa,