[linux-audio-dev] timidity++ live

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Sat Jun 5 15:07:09 UTC 2004

Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>I'm using TiMidity 2.11.3,
>>it's all right when I start using it, but if I leave it running
>>eventually the CPU usage climbs to a very high amount, sometimes close
>>to 90%, while idling.
>>

>do you mean timidity 2.13.0, or really 2.11.3?

[dlphilp at localhost]$ timidity
 TiMidity++ version 2.11.3 -- MIDI to WAVE converter and player
 Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Masanao Izumo <mo at goice.co.jp>
 Copyright (C) 1995 Tuukka Toivonen <tt at cgs.fi>

>>Btw, I don't see the resamp option listed in 'timidity -h', perhaps I
>>need a newer version ? I'd like JACK support with TiMidity anyway, I
>>think the latest version now does, yes ?
>>

>yes, grab the latest one from timidity.sf.net.

Done. I compiled it with no troubles, I'll install and test it later today.

See you in Bordeaux ! I think Francois plans to get there on the 7th,
I'll be arriving on the train with him (and Patrice, I think).

Best,

dp