[linux-audio-dev] [OT] affordance? (was: Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a? Is JACK the ultimate solution?)

Uwe Koloska koloska at voiceinterconnect.de
Tue Jun 8 09:54:31 UTC 2004

Steve Harris wrote:
> [OT] - my canned plugin writing experience - all generalisations
> and IMHO of course
>
> Affordance, appearance and usability has as much affect on the
> perceived sound quality as the DSP code (posivly and negativly).
> Some of this can be achieved without a custom UI.

Sorry for my ignorance -- but is there someone who can present me
the german term for "affordance"?  The web-dicts I searched, don't
know this word -- and the wikipedia entry doesn't give me any clue
about the german word (though I understand the concept).

Uwe

--
voiceINTERconnect www.voiceinterconnect.de
... smart speech applications from germany