[linux-audio-dev] [OT] affordance? (was: Is ladspa actually

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 13:36:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 02:16:58 +0200, Uwe Koloska wrote:
> CK wrote:
> >
> >It's "Affordanz", a psychological term see:
> >http://www.wissenschaft-online.de/abo/lexikon/psycho/320
>
> Aaah! Thank you.
> This also explains, why this artword isn't found in any dictionary.

Its in FOLDoc and Wikipedia: (first two I tried)
http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?query=affordance&action=Search
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affordance

Its also in Hyperdictionary and the Computer Dictionary and a google would
have found you a defintion in the top hit. It is however not in the OED
(arguably the nearest thing to a authorative dictionary in English), it's
a production from the verb 'afford'.

Its not a very good word, but its the only one I know of that can
describe... affordance ;)

- Steve