[linux-audio-dev] Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a? Is JACK the ultimate solution?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jun 8 18:16:08 UTC 2004

Hallo,
eviltwin69 at cableone.net hat gesagt: // eviltwin69 at cableone.net wrote:

>     Aaaaaarrrrrggghhhh - knobs.  One of my pet peeves.  Knobs make absolutely no
> sense in a GUI.  There is no easy (or standard) way to control them.  Note that
> there are no knobs in JAMin.  The parametric controls aren't even knobs.  I think
> this was the point he was making.

I actually wrote a knob GUI element for Pd, which normally only has
sliders. I see one good application for knobs: Visualizing things that
must not take up much screen space. Visualizing things like a clock
won't work with sliders. And if you make a knob settable by vertical
movement it's not that bad. But I agree, generally sliders are much
better to use.

Ciao