[linux-audio-dev] Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a? Is JACK the ultimate solution?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Jun 9 11:04:54 UTC 2004

>On Tuesday 08 June 2004 20:22, Chris Cannam wrote:
>> On Tuesday 08 Jun 2004 7:46 pm, eviltwin69 at cableone.net wrote:
>> >     Right click on any slider in JAMin and it immediately goes to
>> > the default position, whether center or zero.
>>
>> Ah, now I looked for that feature but didn't find it.   In Rosegarden
>> you double-click to zero a fader.  I didn't think of right-clicking.
>
>Actually no - you right click in RG to center a fader.  Double click doesn't
>do anything AFAICT so maybe you dreamt that.

and so here we have another wonderful (G)UI conundrum. i don't believe
any of the "HiG's" (Apple, GNOME etc) provide any specification for
such a thing. as a result, with just 3 apps we have:

     JAMin: default value = button3 click
            context menu = ??
     Rosegarden: default value = button3 click
                 context menu = ??
     Ardour: default value ctrl-button2 click
             context menu = button3 click
     Most *nix and win apps: context menu = button3 click

what to do?

--p