[linux-audio-dev] Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a? Is JACK the ultimate solution?

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Wed Jun 9 12:05:24 UTC 2004

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:44:53 +0200, Marek Peteraj wrote
> > There are various kinds of users of audio SW; their requirements
> > and opinions will vary. In my experience, most serious and
> > professional users prefer a UI that is first of all functional,
>
> Have you done a survey?

Most music software written for profit is now aimed at rich bedroom techno
making kids - hence all the flashy GUI's. Professional software (that costs
much much more) will often have much simpler, clean interfaces because if you
use it all day every day gimmicky GUI's tend to get very annoying very fast.

cheers,

dave