audio widgets etc, was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a? Is JACK the ultimate solution?

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Jun 9 13:35:56 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 09 Jun 2004 1:50 pm, Steve Harris wrote:
> A little bit of meter standardisation wouldn't hurt - eg. the point
> at which people show red seems to vary a lot, which has been
> confusing for users.

Also is there a common convention for how dB levels map to positions
on a fader or meter?

Rosegarden has fader travel proportional to the square root of dB
level (or fabs thereof) either side of zero, and our meters show
orange from -2dB and red from 0.

If there's right or wrong about all this, I'd like to know.

Chris