[linux-audio-dev] compiling fluxus

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Wed Jun 9 14:02:42 UTC 2004

Hi Dave:

  Last night I compiled fluxus 0.5rc1. Here's what I did to get it
working on a RedHat 9 Planet CCRMA system:

       repaired headers in libfluxus and libfluxphysics (there is no
'fluxus' directory as referred to in some of the files)
       repaired relevant files for PA 19 w. CK's patches
       built & installed libfluxus and libfluxphysics (necessary before
fluxus could compile)

  I didn't find the relevant details in the package docs, and the README
is incorrect (e.g., the examples are not in docs/examples). Or did I
somehow miss the info ? If not, I humbly suggest fixing the docs, the
makefiles, and the includes in the relevant files.

  I had some not very extraordinary success running some of the
examples. The fft display works fine, but the main display window was
often inactive during play of a BB King CD (Live At The Regal, one of
his best). I'm probably just not doing things correctly, so I'll try a
little harder today if I have the time.

Best,

dp