[linux-audio-dev] Re: UI stuff

Ben ben at glw.com
Wed Jun 9 18:33:00 UTC 2004

 On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 15:15, Ben wrote:
> > Sounds interesting.  This is what I do for a living.  But would any
> > of
> > the linux audio developers actually follow it?
>
> You mean you're a usability engineer?
>
> Marek

Er, yes.  In addition to graphics designer, programmer, tech supporter
and occasional gofer.

The audio industry is actually quite tiny.  I doubt that ANY audio
software company has a dedicated usability engineer.  I've never seen
such a position posted.

The industry probably needs a usability standard but I would be very
surprised if anybody actually followed the standard we produce.
Everybody, by definition, is a usability expert in their own usage
habits.  But I'm willing to discuss it if anybody wants to bounce ideas
around on- or off-list

-Ben Loftis