[linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Jun 10 00:01:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 17:50, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 00:24, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd like to see what other developers of the most popular linux audio
> > > projects think.
> >
> > Most probably you will find out (when/if other developers care to speak
> > out) that this view is shared by many, if not all, developers, and not
> > just in the audio world. Great projects in the open source community
> > usually happen when a motivated individual or group _needs_ something.
> > It is not the needs of the world (usually), or "user demand", or the
> > desire to fill or create a marketing niche, it is their need.
>
> That is very untrue, and evolution and the motivations behind that app
> prove that.

Awh, rats. Sorry. I read "and _the_ evolution and the motivations
behind" :-)

There are always going to be exceptions you can point to, the open
source world is not monolithic. That does not invalidate what the
developers on lad have said so far of their motivations. So far it is a
small sample, of course.

-- Fernando