[linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype

Pete Bessman ninjadroid at gazuga.net
Thu Jun 10 03:53:01 UTC 2004

At Wed, 09 Jun 2004 19:40:44 -0400,
Dave Robillard wrote:

> If you want a plug-in-and-drool computer, you're not running the
> right OS.

/me scratches head

if (plugin_and_drool == JUST_WORKS)
	buy (plugin_and_drool);

Point being, just because something is hard to use doesn't mean it is
superior in *any* way to something which is easy to use.

> -DR- (Who debated hitting "send" on this one for a good 5 minutes)

Should have waited longer.  Marek wasn't telling anyone to become his
personal code-bitch, and if you were truly apathetic to his plight
a simple "I don't care" would suffice.

Marek, I think you'll be surprised at how many "I don't care" + flame
money writing libre software, so I'm all ears to your suggestions.
But remember that if you can't put up, you'll be well advised to shut
up 'round these parts.

OH, since likely nobody knows, I'm the guy that's writing Specimen.

[pb]