[linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design

Claudio Mettler linux-audio-dev at goblin-embassy.net
Thu Jun 10 07:01:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 12:33:19AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> It seems like there are as many preferences as users. How about
> ~/.knobrc ;)

Or how about libknob? I know, this sounds silly, but if we extend that
Idea, we have libladstandards. Things like dB-level<->color mappings,
logarithmic/exponential fader scales.. plus we'd have them
configurable and behaving the same way in every app. It'd be a very
simple lib, the knob function could look like that:

float knob_f(float min, float max, xypos initial, xypos now, int keys)

This would return the knobs position with respect to the user
configuration.

What do you think? I'm not a developer, but this would be a small
project i could maintain if it's really wanted (and will be used).

Claudio