[linux-audio-dev] Ultramaster Juno6, anyone?

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Thu Jun 10 13:57:28 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 02:00, will at malefactor.org wrote:
> That's cool and all, but what about the RS-101?
>
> What happened to Ultramaster? They had some cool looking stuff that I
> never got a chance to use.
>
> On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 10:59:29AM +0200, Frank NEUMANN wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > some might remember that two years ago (or so) there was a nice (though at
> > that time closed-source, I think) software synth for Linux called Ultramaster
> > Juno 6, a faith reproduction of the Roland Juno 6. At some point this project
> > disappeared from the websites. When I talked to Marek Peteraj earlier this
> > year, he mentioned to me that he attempts to convince the developers to release
> > it to the public. And right now, while "proofreading" Ico's paper
> > for the next ICMC I found that it has been open-sourced this year and is
> > now available here: http://sf.net/projects/juno6
> >
> > That's the old source code from 2000, and people have started converting it
> > into a VST instrument recently.
> >
> > I just wonder if anyone has already begun with attempts to e.g. jackify it
> > or otherwise fixing it up for e.g. ALSA Midi input etc. Looks like a very
> > nice small to medium-sized project..
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Frank
> >
> > PS: If this has been brought up here before - sorry.

Speaking of the Juno 6, I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what's
wrong with the thing.. I got it compiling and running like I mentioned
before (all the linux code was still in there, just commented out and
replaced with windows/vst stuff), and the patch loading and all that
stuff works, but whenever you hit a note (via onscreen keyboard or
MIDI), it just locks up hard.

If anyone wants to take a stab at it, I'll throw up a tarball
somewhere..

Debugging threads is no fun at all..

-DR-