[linux-audio-dev] Knobs, the reply

Tim Hockin thockin at hockin.org
Thu Jun 10 23:10:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 11:56:30PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > I was speaking of knobs.  A horizontal slider is obviously visually
> > different from a vertical one.  A horizontally-linear knob is not
> > obviously different from a vertically-linear knob :)
>
> I dont think theres any reason to support up-down and not left-right at
> the same time.

Having it work in two dimensions is ok, but I don't know that it's
actually as obvious as up/down.  In fact, 1 dimension makes it easier to
get small incrments by moving diagonally.

Your hand is not good at very small movements, so you can make a
moderately sized movement diagonally, which has a small vertical
component.  This lets you get very small vertical tweaks.