[linux-audio-dev] Sliders

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Jun 11 07:56:34 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 03:18:53AM +0200, Florian Schmidt wrote:

> The initial click on a slider usually changes the position, so if the "base"
> fader is very small, the initial click to grab the slider is bound to make
> large accidental leaps, which of course can be corrected afterwards by moving
> away to the side from the slider thus gaining fine control..

For the second version (without the dedicated button) clicking anywhere on the
slider 'grabs' the value indicator. No jumps, and mouse and value movement are
in sync from start.

But now that I think of it, for the version with button jumping would be
required. Could only feel very strange otherwise. I guess that means we should
forget about that version, the plain bar version is more readable anyway.

---
Thorsten Wilms