[linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Fri Jun 11 13:52:08 UTC 2004

Alfons Adriaensen:
>On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 07:24:59PM +0200, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
>>
>> Tim Hockin:
>> >
>> > I know Linux people love to claim how choice is our strength, but I think
>> > it's bunk.  Linux needs a single GUI environment that has a lot of deep
>> > flexibility
>>
>> Yes! I completely agree with this.
>
>What exactly do you mean by Linux "needing" something ?
>
>And how are you going to impose that single GUI environment ?
>Will you take me to court when I write a new window manager. or
>a widget that doesn't have your 'imprimatur' ?
>
>If you want your freedom to program limited, please goto
>Windoze or MAC. But please do no impose your limitations on
>others.

Ouch, never be sarcastic/ironic on e-mail. I completely agree with
you. I though that was clear by my "Oh..." comment which you had
cut away. The point was: _i_ actually want to customize everything
via scheme-scripts (that is true), which Tim Hockin made (some kind of)
a joke about. And by saying that I tried to express that what Tim Hockin
perhaps means is ridiculous, does perfectly makes sense for
other. We need to have choises/alternatives/anarchy/etc. because
we are all different, etc.