[linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Fri Jun 11 14:31:37 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 09:03, Tim Orford wrote:

> yeh you guys are lucky, not only do you get to work with real
> instruments but your software requirements are much more easily satisfied:-)

	Yeah, it is much easier than dealing with MIDI and synths.  I get a
headache just thinking about that stuff.  The most complicated thing
I've had to deal with is the Drums on Demand loops :)

> > that the only people who work on open source projects are kids in
> > college and weekend warriors?  The things that I don't understand (like
> > DSP :) are covered by other "bedroom hackers" like Paul Davis, Steve
> > Harris, Jack O'Quin, Taybin Rutkin, Jesse Chappell, Andrew Morton, Linus
> > Torvalds...  ;-)
>
> these guys may be "bedroom hackers", but they are not 'merely' such:-)

	I just wanted to point that out.  As I said, I've been programming a
long time but the people listed above (and quite a few more) are
absolutely amazing.

Jan