[linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype

Alfons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at alcatel.be
Fri Jun 11 14:33:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 06:25:28PM +0200, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 16:03, Alfons Adriaensen wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 05:17:17PM +0200, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> >
> > > And this is exactly what explains the clutter in ardour UI.
> >
> > Marek, your comments on the logic and consistency of the Ardour
> > GUI were IMHO justifed, and I'm probably not the only one who
> > appreciated your contribution in that case.
> >
> > But what you write above is for me beyond the linmits of acceptable
> > behaviour on any public forum.

> Sorry Fons, but define acceptable! Please!

I will define as non-acceptable the implication:

   Paul uses a text based mail client
   =>
   this explains why his GUI designs are cluttered.

It would be acceptable and in this context even funny with a :-),
but I didn't see that.

> just as you are describing my opinions as fallacy and "dumb-down".

I did describe as a fallacy the opinion that 'sitting at a DAW turns
someone into a sound engineer'. AFAIK, that's not your opinion, nor
did I imply it was.

I used the term 'dumb down' without in any way referring to yourself
or your expressed opinions.

--
FA