[linux-audio-dev] Sliders 2

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sat Jun 12 15:45:05 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 04:13:14PM +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:

> The glass looks slippery. Maybe a bit of noise or a diamond-pattern
> could make it look more rubbery and grab friendly?

I understand. But applying a pattern to the whole thing
would add visual noise making it harder to read. Might also
look like it would be draggable as one part.
Applying a pattern to the 'positive' part would break the
notion that it's one unfiform clickable area.

> It looks like orange-juice ...

That's quite a welcome association :)

> > First 3 sizes, to see how it looks like down to quadratic
> > for replacing small knobs (not sure about that).
> >

> The medium size looks just right. Easy to get at from all directions
> without overshooting the mouse-pointer.

The size would be case by case decision (layout matters, importance,
value range). But there could be some recommended standard sizes.

> You'll have to move the pointer pretty far before getting the advantage
> of say twice the precision. What if the fan expanded exponentially? The
> idea being that the fan is slightly curved and tends to get closer to
> the user.

Than fan could expand much quicker even linear. But a good idea, would
need to be tested with an implementation.

Thanks.

---
Thorsten Wilms