[linux-audio-dev] Sliders 2

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Jun 14 15:40:43 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 08:48:31AM -0500, Ben wrote:

> Regarding the fan display, how do you handle the case where the fader
> is at the very top or bottom of the screen?

Allow the mouse pointer to leave the screen. Will be placed on the
edge closest to the outside position when button is released.

The viewbale part of the fan will give a pretty good idea on
pointer position in any case.

Alternatively the whole thing (initial slider and fan) could be
moved down (or up respectively), when the horizontal pointer position
comes close to the point where the vertical indication line would leave
the screen otherwise. But I guess that would be rather confusing :)

But there will be a design guideline telling people to avoid placing
fan-sliders close to top or bottom of screen filling windows ;-)

---
Thorsten Wilms