[linux-audio-dev] Splitsheet

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jun 15 15:31:08 UTC 2004

Hallo,
Thorsten Wilms hat gesagt: // Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> While thinking about structure/organization for LDrum,
> I developed a concept for the gui of a modular system.
>
> http://wrstud.urz.uni-wuppertal.de/~ka0394/forum/04-06-15_splitsheet_01.png
> Of course moduletypes could not be selected freely,
> because input filters would have to be chained
> directly, and could not be placed behind oscilators
> and the like.

May I present a little statistics I did a week ago? Thanks. ;)

In Pd it is possible to build your own modules, that you then can use
inside your patch. You also can of course code modules. I recently
counted how many modules I have - downloaded or self-created. I have
4781 uniquely named pd-files on my disk, every one of which I could
use as an object.

When designing a modular system, it might become important to be able
to handle such enormous amounts of possible objects.

Regarding your design: It reminds me of Numerology, which is a cool
sequencer that makes routing the way you suggested, with drop-down
boxes. But Numerology just has a very small amount of possible
"objects": it's own tracks, AFAIK.

Ciao